Disclaimer: This document was created as a template for information purposes only. By using it, you agree to this disclaimer and take into account that Webnode is not responsible for any actions taken or use based on the content of this website. We strongly recommend you to seek legal advice and adjust this document to suit the needs of your business.
This policy is updated from time to time. The latest version is published on this page.
We gather and use certain information about individuals in order to provide products and services and to enable certain functions on this website. We also collect information to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
What data we gather
Upon registration, purchase of a product or service, and on each time you visit this website or you access your account we collect specific types of information; these are described in more detail in the following paragraphs.
User provided information:
- Personally identifiable information (such as name and email address) that you provide when registering to services or participating in various activities on the site such as uploading images and captions, uploading videos, posting messages in our forums.
- When you visit our site, we may send one or more cookies - a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters - to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser.
- We use both, session cookies and persistent cookies.
- A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser help file directions.
- A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser.
- You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of the site may not function properly if the feature “accept cookies” is disabled.
- Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you view a webpage.
- When you register with or view our site, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit a website.
- These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, browser language, referring/exit pages and Universal Resource Locators (URL), platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
How we use this data
If you submit personally identifiable information to us through our site, then we use your personal information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of our site.
Any personal information or content that you voluntarily disclose online (on discussion boards, in messages areas and blogs, within your public profile page, etc.) becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by others. Any images, captions, videos or other content that you submit to our sites may be redistributed through the Internet and other media channels, and may be viewed by the general public.
We may use your email address for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major site changes or for customer service purposes). We use both your personally identifiable information and certain non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous user usage data, cookies, IP addresses, browser type, clickstream data, etc.) to improve the quality and design of our site and to create new features, promotions, functionalities, and services by storing, tracking, and analyzing user preferences and trends.
- Remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit our site;
- Provide custom, personalized content and information;
- Monitor the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns;
- Monitor aggregated metrics such as total number of visitors and traffic;
- Track your entries, submissions, and status in promotions, sweepstakes, and contests;
- Diagnose or fix technical problems reported by our users or engineers that are associated with the IP addresses controlled by a specific web company or ISP;
- and access your information after you sign in.
When we disclose information
We may release personally identifiable information and/or non-personally-identifiable information if required to do so by law, or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state laws (such as EU Copyright Law) or respond to a court order, subpoena, or search warrant.
It may be necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities, including but not limited to, fraud, potential threats to public safety or the physical safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service, or as otherwise permitted by law.
We also reserve the right to disclose personally identifiable information and/or non-personally identifiable information that we believes, in good-faith, is appropriate or necessary to enforce our Terms of Service, take precautions against liability, to investigate and defend ourselves against any Third Party claims or allegations, to assist government enforcement agencies, to protect the security or integrity of our websites, products and services, and to exercise or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of our staff, our users or others.
You may, of course, decline to submit personally identifiable information through our site, in which case we may not be able to provide certain services to you. You may update or correct your personal profile information and email preferences at any time by visiting your account profile page. Please note that media files uploaded by Users to the Webnode Sites cannot be removed and remain subject to Our Terms of Service.
To protect Your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify Your identity before granting You profile access or making corrections. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of Your unique password and account information at all times.
Controlling information about you
We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or the law requires us to. Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy, in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
We use commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you convey to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive the information you submitted, we make commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our system. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
Links from our site
Our website may contain links to other websites. Please note that we have no control of websites outside the [domain name] domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy. Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site’s protection and privacy policies fully.
If you have any questions about this policy, please email [………] or write to: […….].